Imagine being able to verify your AWS account without having to give out your phone number.
Yes, It’s doable. Let’s explore how.
This article will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to verify your AWS account without a phone number. We will discuss the different methods available. We will also provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to verify your AWS account without a phone number using each method.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s leading cloud computing platform, offering a broad set of global computing, storage, database, networking, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, security, hybrid, and virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) services designed to help startups, businesses of all sizes, and governments transform their businesses.
AWS is used by a wide range of customers, including businesses of all sizes, startups, government agencies, and educational institutions. Some of the most common uses of AWS include:
- Web hosting
- Mobile app development
- Data storage and backup
- Data Analytics
- Machine learning and AI
- Virtual desktops
- Media streaming
- Content delivery
- Disaster recovery
One of the problems that AWS customers can face is verifying their AWS without phone number. AWS requires customers to verify their accounts using a phone number or credit card. This can be a problem for customers who do not have a phone number or who do not want to use their credit card to verify their account.
Why Does Amazon AWS Require Phone Verification?
Amazon AWS requires phone verification for a number of reasons, including:
- To prevent fraud and abuse. By verifying a user’s phone number, AWS can help to ensure that the user is a real person and that they are using their account for legitimate purposes.
- To help users recover their accounts. If a user forgets their password or is unable to access their account, AWS can send them a one-time password (OTP) to their phone number to help them regain access to their account.
- To comply with regulations. In some countries, AWS is required to verify the identity of its users by law. Verifying a user’s phone number is one way to do this.
Here are some specific examples of how AWS uses phone verification to prevent fraud and abuse:
- AWS uses phone verification to prevent users from creating multiple accounts with the same email address. This is known as account takeover fraud.
- AWS uses phone verification to prevent users from using stolen credit cards to pay for AWS services.
- AWS uses phone verification to prevent users from using AWS services to launch denial-of-service attacks against other websites and services.
- AWS understands that some users may not want to verify their phone numbers. For this reason, AWS offers a number of ways to verify an account without a phone number, such as using a credit card or a temporary non-VoIP number.
Verify AWS Without Phone Number Using Temporary Non-VoIP Numbers
One effective way to verify your Amazon AWS without a phone number is by using temporary non-VoIP numbers. These numbers are not associated with any particular device and can be used solely for verification purposes. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Research Temporary Non-VoIP Number Services: Look for reliable online services that offer temporary non-VoIP numbers for verification.
- Sign Up for a Service: Choose a service that suits your needs and sign up for an account. Please provide an email address for registration.
- Select a Temporary Number: Once registered, you can select a temporary non-VoIP number from the service’s available options. Some services may allow you to choose a number from a specific location.
- Use the Number for Verification: Enter the temporary number you’ve obtained into the AWS phone verification field. AWS will send a verification code to this number.
- Retrieve the Verification Code: Log in to your temporary number service account dashboard to retrieve the verification code sent by AWS.
- Complete Verification: Enter the verification code into the AWS verification form to complete the process which is AWS without phone number.
Amazon Web Services is an indispensable resource for businesses and developers in today’s digital landscape. While phone verification is a security measure, there are legitimate reasons for users to seek alternative methods to verify Amazon AWS without a phone number. Temporary non-VoIP numbers, virtual numbers, and disposable numbers provide viable solutions to bypass phone verification without compromising security.
In summary, by exploring this alternative method, you can enjoy the benefits of AWS without phone number, especially without hearing your personal phone number. Start leveraging the power of AWS for your projects and businesses today.